NHS West Sussex is committed to providing maternity services which are high quality, safe and accessible for West Sussex women and their partners. This means that you can choose how you access maternity care, the type of antenatal care you receive, the place of birth and your postnatal care.
- Exercise during pregnancy
- Staying fit during pregnancy will help you cope better with the physical demands of pregnancy, labour and motherhood. Exercise may help to boost your energy levels as well as your immune system.
- Smoking and pregnancy
- In West Sussex, 89% of pregnant women are smokefree during their pregnancy, but for the remaining 11% of pregnant women who smoke during pregnancy, it can be a particularly difficult time to stop smoking.